Well... we were up around 4 am on Monday to allow us enough time to drive to the imaging clinic for Am's CT scan. Got there 'right' on time. She had to drink the specified amount of fluid... and then wait the 45 minutes... which turned into more than an hour. I was allowed to go into the room with her. They had to do an iv ... :( :( which turned into a terrible situation at the time. 'sigh'
We were told that they would have results within the day. The radiologist did make a comment that knowing Dr David... that he would be in touch soon. We left there and ate some breakfast close by. I was running late to work... so I called into say that I would be about 30 minutes late. Just as we were coming back into town... Am needed to use the restroom. You can only imagine that after not having anything for over 10 hours... then drinking ALL of that stuff... it was serious. I pulled over at the back of the mall and hurried in. During the time she was going... I looked at my phone ONLY... to realize that I'd missed a phone call from Dr David already. OMG... it had only been just over an hour. :O :O :O He left a message stating that he would call back because he was not going to leave these type of results on a record. :S :S :S Nice. I could have puked at that point.
I got Am back to school... discussed the situation with the teacher... and headed to work. Just as I was getting there. My phone rang. It was Dr David. He started by saying that he had some 'GREAT news... so far'. The image that the u/s gave that was a tumor... was actually that Am has a left kidney that is 'rotated'. The radiologist confirmed on the CT scan that it was only rotated. She does have some issues with her intestines which are then pushing ON the rotated kidney... which could be why she gets in such pain. He wants us to give her some med's... to help with that problem. He said that if it doesn't ease the pressure / pain... that there could possibly be a kink in that kidney with it being rotated. So... as of now... we are taking the med's and doing as Dr David has told us to do. She's such a trooper though. She still has that 'bite' at times... but hopefully this will do the trick and we can avoid more needles and scans for the time being.
Certainly makese a person appreciate their health... and their family. Thanks again for all of the prayers, texts, and calls. No words can express the feeling of prayer around us. :)
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
What a week so far!!
Posted by Harley*Gal at 8:53 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm so glad it wasn't a tumor. You have been in my thoughts daily! I hope the meds do the trick and you all get a break soon! Love ya!
this is a relief. i hope the meds do the trick. HUGS and love!
That is wonderful news! Hope the meds do the trick. {{HUGS}}
Geana, so happy that it's not anything more serious. I've been thinking of you!
Post a Comment