Yep... we just returned. Here is a recap of the week:
Monday... worked @ UPS & then taught my one stability ball class @ 4:30 - 5:15 @ the Y. Headed home... took a quick shower and was on the road by 6:15 pm. Arrived in Grand Island around 8:45 pm and ate at Red Lobster. Decided to stay there that night.
Tuesday... left for Deadwood SD around 8:15 am. Arrived into Deadwood around 4:30. Unloaded the bike and went to the room. We decided that we were not goin to the Lynard Skynard concert... so we headed South to Hill City. Our 'hard bread' (lol) restaurant had a 1 1/2 hour wait... so we decided to have BBQ instead. A storm started to roll in... so we waited for about 45 minutes to go back. The trip is 45 minutes when the weather is good. It was dark... and the fog was bad. I told S that according to my radar on my phone... NOW was a good time. Obviously since 'we' were the LEADER OF THE PACK!!! Yes... about 10 bikes followed us out on the road... around the narrow winding two lane road. Pitch black with TERRIBLE fog. I prayed several times to get us home safe. When we arrived to the 't' road... I gave him a big hug and told him thank you for bringing ALL of us home safe. As we pulled into the hotel parking... one of the other bikers even said "Thanks man for bringing us home safe..." :O We warmed up with hot chocolate that night. :)
Wednesday... We left to go the beautiful scenic route west and north of Lead. LOVE that area. We arrived into Sturgis then in the afternoon. Made some friends at 'Loud America'... had a few drinks... did some shopping... and headed back.
Thursday... we left early after having breakfast we headed out for Sturgis. We went to 'Buffalo Chip' to be able to go to the Sugarland & ZZ Top concert. We enjoyed some quiet time listening to bands and watching others. The concerts were GREAT!!! ZZ Top was AWESOME!!! It was VERY early Friday morning when we arrived to the hotel.
Friday... Got up around 10:30 am and went and had breakfast. Left to head to 'Full Throttle Saloon'. That place had really changed in a year. Rachel Stacy was playing... which was a real treat. BEAUTIFUL voice!!! We headed back into Sturgis and did the final shopping. S got some really cool patches for his vest. We ended up at the 'Broken Spoke' and listened to 'Toys' for awhile. MAN... what another great group!!! Anything from Bon Jovi... to ZZ Top... they knew it AND... could play it. Nice end to the day. We decided that we wanted to load the bike and enjoy the rest of the evening in Deadwood. We found a place to load it... and while I was attempting to hold the bike... I got my leg burned on the pipes REALLY bad. The words rolled out of my mouth. DARN... it's gonna leave a scar. I guess now you can say I got a 'tatoo' in Sturgis. :S :S :S We headed to the Four Aces to eat steak & crab leg buffet... only to find out that they had a 2 hour wait. So... we got the beeper and decided to eat ice cream before our supper. ROFLMAO!!! Hey... we were on vacation. :) We returned only after 1/2 hour. LOL!!! I learned then for the next 1 hour plus ... to play video poker. ;-) We enjoyed that time. Supper was awesome... and we called it a night around midnight.
Saturday (today)... I set the alarm for 5 am. Ya know... there was racing back home we were getting up for. So... we left Deadwood by 6 am... only to find out hours into the trip home... that there were storms that canceled the races. URGH!!!! So... we decided to take our time getting home then. 45 minutes away... we called Pizza Hut and had pizza waiting for us at 7 pm here at home. I'm doing laundry... and ready to crash.
Oh yeah... I have to add that I decided that since I was going to miss some classes... that I was going to run while in Deadwood. Let's just say... unless your mountain climbing... there is only walking allowed in that town. ROFL!!! BUT... I did walk Wednesday and Thursday morning. What a workout actually. :) :)
Good night... I'm headed to catch up on some MUCH needed sleep... :)
Saturday, August 9, 2008
Sturgis 2008
Posted by Harley*Gal at 8:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Welcome Home! I wondered where you had disappeared to!
sounds like a great trip!
Post a Comment