CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 31, 2009

The last 8+ journey with Amber.

In the middle of November... Amber started getting sick. No rhymnn or reason. Would vomit... no fever... nothing else... and then be fine. Yeah know though... it never occurred to me that this wasn't something 'going around'. How many times did I hear that... "Well... you know... there is a lot of stuff going around." :( :( :( I guess that is why... I decided to make the call any way. It was not just something going around. I know my daughter. The emergency room visit on New Year's Day... was enough to send me away. Then being fine... but complaining of her side hurting seemed to be the only thing again.

After some testing... it seems as though she has some abnormalities in her left kidney. We are unsure of what they are though. Monday morning we are having a CT scan done to eliminate some tumors... which are a huge concern of the pediatrician at this time. You have to keep in mind... that her brother did survive leukemia as a child. The pediatrician is not taking anything for granted... and wants answers now. I am supposed to know by noon - 1 pm on Monday.

Thanks for the prayers, texts, and calls. I feel very lost right now... but as I have told many... I know that I have a fighter on my hands because she has been thru hell and back already. God only gives us what he knows that we can take.

4 comments:

Sancy said...

Oh Geana I'm so sorry! Please let me know if there is anything you need. {{{HUGS}}}

kym said...

{{HUGS}} and prayers headed your way, I had no idea this was going on. You know I am only a phone call away if you ever need anything.

Jesse&Suzie said...

Geana, I had no idea! HUGE {{HUGS}}!! Please don't hesitate to ask if you need anything at all. You and Amber will be in my prayers.

~Suzanne (Garden)

Shannon said...

huge hugs to you, sweetie. you all are in my thoughts.