We all love you very much. As of this morning at 7:03 am... Bill is at peace.
Just a quick recap.
Last Thursday night late, he was taken to the hospital because of his breathing. On Friday evening... he was allowed to go home. We (Steve and I) took him out to eat at Pizza Hut. As a surprise (to me too) his sister Pat from Wichita showed up. We had an enjoyable time. He was very much struggling. It was heart breaking... but now looking back, I would not trade that time for ANYTHING. NOTHING at all. To see the fear and unknown in Steve's eyes... was too much several times. You could tell that even after eating... Bill was struggling to stand and breathe.
On Saturday... prior to racing. Steve pointed out that his dad was slurring his words. We knew that his trouble on Friday was blamed to his heart and not the cancer. I thought that he might have had a stroke. That afternoon... his sister returned home.
On Sunday... we called to check on him. No answer... so we decided to 'make an excuse' to visit. We'd hate to show the concern you know... So... we brought him food. Bill was concerned about me seeing him in his underwear... (lol) so... I ran an errand and returned. I seen such a strong man... struggling so terribly. He had removed his oxygen at some time... and was gasping for breathe. While S was discussing things with his brother on the phone... I was massaging Bill's back and checking for a pulse. Nothing... it was just not there. I told him that I would do anything he needed me too... and he said "Things are just not right with me, they are not working right."
I had to run an errand... and S called to tell me that once Mark got there... that the ambulance was called. To continue with what I was doing... but to stay close to a phone. They admitted him and after a chest x-ray... discovered that his right lung was also full of the cancer. It was just a matter of time. I arrived around 4 pm. By 5:30... things were not good. He was in and out... and we were called in. We said the Lords Prayer... and called in a minister. Mark helped monitor his breathing pattern to help with the pain. It was over coming him. All of the family arrived and he was in and out.
Close to 11:30... I left for home. The boys were going to stay. I fell asleep around 3 am... and Steve called at 6:40. His breathing pattern had changed and he fell into a coma. I was hurrying... and as I was leaving the house ... my phone rang. The good Lord had called him.
Monday, June 2, 2008
Rest In Peace Bill...
Posted by Harley*Gal at 12:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm so sorry. My prayers are with all of you. {{{HUGE HUGS}}}.
I'm very sorry. Sending prayers from all of us to all of you. Tell Steve we are thinking of him.
i am so sorry, geana. it sounds as if you got to have some good time with him. and that is so important. hugs and loves.
Post a Comment