CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The last 24 hours...

have been NUTS! Anything that you can think of that could happen... has. :S :S

Yep... I went to lunch yesterday at noon... only to be puking within an hour of returning to work. It only got worse before it got better. So far I haven't gotten sick since last night... but I have no energy... appetite... My guess is that I got some type of food poisoning. I tried my best to teach my last class... which I had to leave twice to get sick. Pretty sad, huh? Hey... I managed though. Too stubborn to give up possibly one more exercise for the week. I know... I'm NUTS! LOL! That is just me though. :)

THEN... while dragging myself around the house last night... trying to stay calm not to give my head more of a reason to thrub... I get THE call. :( :( It's from ex-mil... crying. I seriously thought that somebody had died. She asked me if I got a call yet. I'm like NO... WTH is going on. Well... she felt (who knows why) that she needed to tell Miranda's dad that she would be in CA with us thru Sunday. Well... you guessed it... he flipped a cork and she had to make a decision... so she isn't going with us. My heart stopped right then and there. It's not a matter of trying to prove a point with him... it's control. His marriage is on the rocks... and this was his way to control something. I simply told her to sleep on it... and we would see what a new morning and day brought. Well... sure enough her husband came to my work first thing. He handed me money... for her charges because she wasn't going. I listened... and heard more about what took place.

Needless to say... I felt very helpless. I've been in that situation. He was really surprised that her dad wasn't waiting for me this morning... or hadn't called me yet to give me also a piece of his mind. I kind of snickered and said "Ummm... he lost that right over 10 years ago when the judge granted me the divorce." Yep... he knows better because he has NO leg to stand on. Miranda is so upset... this was for HER... and he's thinking ONLY of himself... nobody else.

Just as a fast forward... I called her one son to see if he had talked to her. He had not ... but was very upset when I told him that she was not going. She needs this... just as much as the girls and I want her to be with us. He told me that he was going to visit her at work... and would be back in contact with me. So... about 10 minutes before noon... he called my cell phone. He told me that she would be ready to go with us. Seems as though he clarified things for her... that no matter what happens now... he will be that way. He has issues... is all I can say. Now... that he pulled this... he has shown his true colors to even more of this family. How sad to be that way. So... I called her to ask her when the red chariot could get her. It was so nice to hear laughter back in her voice.

So... around 5:30 to 6 pm tonight... we will be headed to the airport. We are ALL very excited. :) :)

1 comments:

Sancy said...

Wow! I'm glad she finally decided to go and hopefully you're feeling better! HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!